Disposing of your KEVZARA syringe safely.
Used and expired prescriptions can be dangerous if they’re not treated properly. So how should you throw away your KEVZARA pre-filled syringes?
- Put the used syringe in an FDA-cleared sharps disposal container right away after use. Do not throw away (dispose of) the syringe in your household trash
- If you do not have an FDA-cleared sharps disposal container, you may use a household container that is:
made of a heavy-duty plastic,
can be closed with a tight-fitting, puncture-resistant lid, without sharps being able to come out,
upright and stable during use,
properly labeled to warn of hazardous waste inside the container
- When your sharps disposal container is almost full, you will need to follow your community guidelines for the right way to dispose of your sharps disposal container. There may be state or local laws about how you should throw away
used needles and syringes. For more information about safe sharps disposal, and for specific information about sharps disposal in the state that you live in, go to the FDA’s website at fda.gov/safesharpsdisposal
- Do not reuse the syringe
- Do not use the syringe if the expiration date has passed. Call KevzaraConnect® if you have any questions.
- Do not dispose of your used sharps disposal container in your household trash unless your community guidelines permit this. Do not recycle your used sharps disposal container
Important: Always keep the sharps disposal container out of the reach of children.